Tuesday 5 November 2013

SHOPPING: A FEW BEAUTY BITS

Shopping_Beauty_Bits_1
Shopping_Beauty_Bits_2


After my birthday and with the approach of my first pay day in three months I decided that I would treat myself and indulge in some products I've been wanting for a while. Apart from the one hair care item (impulse purchase) I have splurged on my skin as it's been craving quality products whilst I've had to pinch the pennies.


Boots were running a 3 for 2 deal on selected skin care which I just couldn't ignore. I choose to pick up Vichy Nutrilogie 1 Intensive for Dry Skin (RRP £14.50) as I've needed a decent night cream for at least the past six weeks now. I enjoyed using Vichy Idealia when I tried it but wanted something extra hydrating. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (RRP £13.00) is one of those products that now has a certain amount of 'cult' status attached to it. Reviews varied when I was researching it as people used it for different things - moisturisation, anti-blemish treatments and as a primer (?) but I decided that the best thing I could do was see for myself. Lastly from Boots was the Indeed Labs Sampler Set (RRP £12.99) containing generous samples of Snoxin, Nanoblur and Hydraluron. I already love Hydraluron as I felt I could really see a change in my skin as I used it over the course of a month to six weeks last time I purchased it. I've never tried Snoxin or Nanoblur though so, in the spirit of adventure, I bought them. Snoxin is meant to be incredible for fine lines and hyper-pigmentation (both of which I seem to have developed more of recently) and Nanoblur is rated for being able to 'blur' imperfections both under and over make-up.


LUSH was a stop during a hectic trip into Stoke when I had my niece in tow. It never occurred to me that a three and a half year old in LUSH is the equivalent of letting a bull loose in a china shop. I was so scared she would knock something over I was beginning to regret ever stepping foot in the place. Luckily the staff were amazing and whilst they showed her how bath bombs work (they're 'magic' apparently and now I'm expected to feed a habit every time I take her shopping...) I had time to grab the couple of products that I wanted. Grease Lightning (RRP £5.95) was recommended to me by my friend Clare a while ago for breakouts and as I've been developing small, painful little pimples all over my chin and cheeks recently I thought it was worth a shot. I've heard mixed reviews about it but at that price I'm not sure I mind compared to going really high end and being disappointed. Breath of Fresh Air (RRP £3.95) (which I've been calling Sea Breeze to people - Lord knows why?) was in lieu of my usual L'eau Roma Water. I like to use these toning waters during my morning skincare routine and to refresh myself throughout the day.


Lastly, when in Wilko for some fabric softener, I spotted that Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Intensive Mask (RRP £4.19) for better than half price so naturally I had to pick it up for those times when I want really shiny hair even if it isn't going to truly deeply nourish like the higher end conditioners do.




What have you bought that's beauty related recently?

1 comment:

  1. I'd actually forgotten how much I love your blog. WHY DO I NOT VISIT MORE?! I always learn things.

    I love this list of items. Think I need to make a trip to Lush! I've been told it's got a great range in at the moment. :D

    http://www.kateez.co.uk/ << that would be me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.