Saturday 27 September 2014

HELLO AGAIN

Life

Long time no speak, huh? Apologies for that - I can't make amends to you all enough. If it wasn't for some Twitter comments today giving me a kick up the ass to come back to something that was once one of the best parts of mt life then I probably wouldn't be writing this so thank you to those amazing souls that remembered me and made my entire day (you all know who you are - love to you all). So where have I been?


Without wanting to moan on (let's always try to see the positives in life after all...) I've been dealing with what I would call a 'transitional' period. Unfortunately Dave and I are no longer together. It was a mutal decision after we drifted apart. I wish him the best and hopefully he will be very happy with the new woman in his life. That was back in April/May. I am now officially a singleton and, as such, am adjusting to life on my own both financially, emotionally and in every other way.


I've also been working a lot all the hours God sends which has made me very ill and for the first time in a long time I've had to let my guard down and had rely on others to help me. This has bought a lot of love into my life - I've made some amazing new friends and I've also strengthened existing relationships. My best friend Rosie is the craziest bitch I've ever met but at the same she is actually one of the best people that has ever entered my life. We share an adoration for good times, rose wine and she makes me howl with laughter when all I want to do is cry. There's also my sister, Charlotte (the blonde in the picture above). As children we hated each other but now we possess a bond that can now never be broken. We respect each other immensely and I'm so proud that I can be a part of my beautiful niece's upbringing. I've rekindled a relationship with my mother after 7 years of silence. I've become closer to my brothers. My father remains the most important man in my life. I don't think I could do anything without any of them. 


So what else is new? Well, I recently got promoted making all the hard work worth it, have written  a document for my workplace that will now be going company-wide (a massive compliment for someone who is still, essentially, a 'minion'). I've lost 7 stone in weight which has made me drop 5 dress sizes and I've never felt healthier or sexier. I've got a new kitten - she's called Elsa (yes, after the Frozen character but please don't assume that it was my choice). There's a lot more to say but I don't know how much I can write here.


So what about this blog Helen? Where am I going with this? Well I don't think I'll be staying with the beauty element as rigidly as I have been doing. This blog will become more of a lifestyle blog from now on. This is because I don't always necessarily have the funds to buy as many products as I have been doing in the past nor do I have the time to test them out properly with everything that's been going on and will continue to happen in my life. I'll be easing myself back into blogging with a new post once or twice a week and then after Christmas hopefully it will get more frequent, or at least more regular. I can't promise any more than that at the moment so apologies if you were expecting more from me.


I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you readers that have continued to support me and tweet me and email me. I genuinely do appreciate it - more than you'll ever know. 

4 comments:

  1. Omg wow look at you... What's your secret? Glad to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 stone, oh wow girl, go you! You look incredible and minus the illness it sounds like things are going well for you. I'm so chuffed and happy for you! Hope you feel better asap and enjoy being single! :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been unwell hun but congrats on the promo and you are looking hot! Here's to a positive future, I'm sure it will be a bright one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to have you back! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.